
I once received a compliment on my handwriting, because the person thought it looked nice, especially for a lefty. I'm not sure if I was supposed to be infinitely grateful for such a kind and generous compliment, especially as a lefty, but I laughed and asked, "What is that supposed to mean?" As it turns out, she didn't know and immediately apologized, laughing through her embarrassment.
For the record, being left-handed isn't an illness, a disability, or yucky cooties. It just takes extra effort to not smear everything when writing on a white board or with inky pens.
Do you want to know how I ended up left-handed? I chose to be. When I was in kindergarten, my teacher, Ms. Sue Bear, noticed that I switched hands while writing and drawing. I think she was concerned that I would have difficulty writing letters correctly if I did that, so she encouraged me to write with one hand. I vividly remember this conversation. I guess I chose left, because my dad is left-handed, and he helped me with homework.
Joelle (I adore her!) at Something Charming had the brilliant idea to share handwriting, as she is a wedding planner and calligrapher. I'm no calligrapher, but here we go! :)





14 comments:
I'm left handed too! I think handwriting is harder for left handed people, because everyone seems to approach it differently, and no one seems to know if and what the "correct" way to write is [when you're left handed]. In my office, all 2 of my co-workers are also left handed, and it's really funny to see how differently we all write.
You have awesome handwriting, by the way!
You genuinely do have amazing hand writing - beautiful!
I secretly wished as a kid that I was left-handed because my favourite teachers were left-handed and that was very important to me.
Teach me? ;)
X
Someone once told me I should make a font out of my handwriting. I think it looks like chicken scratch. Yours is definitely font worthy.
The way you print is actually kind of similar to m handwriting, in that you connect a lot of the letters. I didn't even notice I did it until someone told me that my printing was like cursive. I guess it's just easier that way.
Font worthy for sure :) Very pretty handwriting Lindsay!
Your printing actually kinda reminds me of my own! I like it! For some reason I always think it's cool when people are lefties :)
Pretty handwriting! I have always thought that pretty handwriting could only come from lefties. I don't know where I came up with that theory, but you certainly help support it :-)
I love your handwriting! I've had the pleasure of seeing it before :) Mine looks like man writing if I'm not careful!
My dad is a lefty and is always talking about the injustices of having to live in a right handed world ;)
WOO HOO LEFTIES! i wish i would have known about the write it down and link it up :(. as a lefty i do get looked at like "They still make left handed people?!". i'm very particular about my pens and have to do a smudge test before i buy any. and i tilt my paper 90 degrees to write :)
I love cursive "S"s! wish I had the excuse to make them more often.
(Jon's a lefty and his handwriting is atrocious, but I think that's just him! haha)
That's so cool you actually chose your handedness (is that a word?). I have pretty awful writing. It's not illegible, it's just childish. Sometimes I wonder if I'm left handed too (and don't know it).
so cute!!! you have some fantastic handwriting, and I really love your cursive!
We are both cat ladies AND lefties! Soul mates, I tell you.
1. Fun fact: I have the only right-handed granddaughter in my family. So lefties are the norm around these parts!
2. I love this link-up! Just wish I would have seen it sooner so I could participate.
Post a Comment