ME
I got you something!
SUMMER
(with a gentle Big Sister tone)
Don't tell me what it is. It's supposed to be a surprise for Christmas.
ME
(side eye)
Do you want to guess?
SUMMER
No, Linz. Don't tell me.
ME
Just try. You probably won't guess it, anyway.
SUMMER
(sternly)
Don't tell me.
ME
(after minutes of silence)
I GOT YOU A COLORED PEN WITH SPARKLY BEADS INSIDE IT.
SUMMER
(running to the family room)
Mom, Lindsay told me what my present is!
I was proud of that gift. It was similar to THIS pen but way cooler. Like any little sister, I was desperate for her to love it and acknowledge my good taste in big kid things that were still like toys -- functional and fun! We've laughed about this ever since then, but I think I've finally proven to her that I can keep a secret.
Now that her latest Christmas card has been sent out, I can finally shout from the mountain tops that...


I'm going to be Aunt Lindsay next year!
I was the first to be told, and I'm crying again just typing this. This is my first niece/nephew. My sister and BIL are going to be amazing parents, and my parents finally get to be grandparents. 2013 is already going to be a beautiful year.
Congratulations, Summer & Mike!

25 comments:
Congratulations to your family, Lindsay!!!
Being an Aunt (in my 2 weeks of experience) is SO SO wonderful!
Nothing is cooler than having a little person who loves you just as much as you love them.
Actually, wait. Something is cooler: you get to leave when they are cranky and annoying :)
aww, congrats!!!
Yay! Congratulations! You will be a great aunt.
Congratulations to your sister and brother-in-law!!! This kind of news is always the best :)
WOO HOO!
Congrats to you all :)
You're going to be a fabulous aunt!
And side note: their cards are too dang cute!
Love you!
OHMYGOOOOOOOODNESS YAY! congrats, Aunt Lindz :)
AWWWWWWWWWW! YAY! That's so exciting Lindz!!!
What exciting news!!! Congratulations to you and to them!
Aunt Lindsay has a good ring to it :)
Such a fun holiday card to get to announce a baby!! Congrats!
YAYYYYYy congrats Aunt Lindsay!!! Youll be the most spectacular Aunt EVER!!!
You were good at keeping this secret!!! Congrats Aunt Lindsay!!! You are going to be the best aunt ever!
Awww, Congratulations, Aunt Lindsay!! Nieces and nephews are the best- I've got SIX (and beg my only unsnipped sister to stop there- Christmas is getting ridiculous, plus my sisters all have the same timing and there are 4 birthdays within 2 weeks!). But they really are fun- and being the "cool aunt" is THE BEST!
Oh, and congrats to Summer and BIL too!!
Yay yay yay!! So happy for you, friend! :)
Oh how exciting! Congrats to you and your sister's family! P.S. I was the same way with presents and not keeping them a secret from my little sister when I was younger :)
Eeeek!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! :D
Whooo hoooo!!! You will be the greatest aunt EVER.
You're next ;)
Eeeek! Congratulations to your family, sweet friend! How exciting :)
What a great way to start off the New Year! Congrats to all of you!
What a fun surprise! Hope you have fun spoiling that little baby silly!
I love this post and not just for the good news, but the way you wrote it is so sweet and genuine. Congratulations to your whole family! 2013 is going to be so exciting.
fun! Nieces and Nephews are the best!
So exciting!!! Congrats, Lindsay!! I love being an auntie. And I was kind of thinking you were going to reveal YOU were pregnant! lol :)
Congrats, Aunt Lindsay!!
How exciting is this?!
I can tell from your honest words, just how genuinely happy you are for them. You will be a great aunt, too!
Happy Wednesday :)
Congratulations to your sister and brother in law and congrats to you! I can't wait to be an aunt as well :)
Post a Comment