
I miss y’all! It’s been a few weeks since I left Houston, but I couldn’t go without thanking you for a number of things. Moving to Houston two years ago was an exciting but scary thing, because for the first time in all my moves from city to city, I didn’t have a built-in community of some sort. As many of us would probably admit, the idea of blogging started as one thing and blossomed into something one-hundred times better, because we’ve made really great friends in the process.
So here are the things I thank you for:
1.) Having the best meet-ups in all the land. Let’s be honest. The rest of the country should be jealous of our meet-ups, because they are so dang much fun! Meg, you are the perfect meet-up host. I still laugh when I think about how you led ice breaker activities at Sugarbaby’s last summer! You are ever the theatre teacher!
2.) Being bad-ass friends. Trendy, loyal, intelligent, sarcastic, outgoing, and sassy. The best combination.
3.) Keeping blogging fun. It’s so easy for people to get wrapped up in gaining followers, making money, and becoming “blog famous.” I have loved having blogger friends who blog authentically.
4.) Being a big group of women that is genuinely fun to hang out with! That's a rare find. Need I remind you of the Kardashians, Real Housewives, Mean Girls, and every other "making women 'round the world look bad" group? Ha.
To my closest girls, Whit and Meg: Thanks for really ingraining “y’all” into my brain. It is coming in very handy in Tennessee, just as you said it would! As crazy as the last month has been with two trips, finding out I was moving, and packing up my life, I am so glad we had some “see you later” time together. I love y’all so much, and I can’t wait for Myrtle Beach 2014. ;)
My time in Houston was largely shaped by my friendships with Houston bloggers. I send love to each of you, and I hope our southern paths cross again soon!

14 comments:
awww old friendships. they seems like a GREAT group of women!
Aweeeeeeeee now I'm gonna go cry now. Love you!!!!!
Aww! Houston Bloggers are the best! I miss seeing you at the Sunday meetings! :)
This is too sweet! So blessed to have met you :) I know you'll do SO WELL in Tennessee!
This girl is one of the jealous ones for sure!
Love you, sis and I'm glad you got to hang with this group for a few years :)
Love!
Love you girl and can't wait to follow where this new experience leads you!
Lindsay!!!!!! I miss you so much! And I am so sad that we didn't get to say goodbye. I'm so glad that we were able to become friends. And haha I'm glad you enjoy my theatre teacher-ness. Ya know... We can still sing our broadway duet. And we should!
This post makes me happy and sad at the same time. Best of luck to you girl!!!!
oh how I miss you so! Yesterday was my first "wow, I really miss Lindsay" day and I'm trying to get through it. But crossing my fingers I'll see you in just a few months! Meetup in Asheville? :)
Aww, I'm sad I didn't get to see you before you left :( Miss you boo!
Very sweet tribute, chica :)
Miss you!!!
Em
awww!!! <3 hope you're doing well, girrrl!
This is super awesome....and you know what....I'm so glad that we can still be close even though we'll be geographically far away :-)
I love this, and I miss the Houston bloggers too! I've tried to re-create something like that here in Charlotte but the thruth is that Houston bloggers are unique.
Maybe you can start a similar (never the same) group in Knoxville!
Post a Comment