![]() |
| I'm obsessed with taking panoramic photos with my iPhone. |
On November 23, the stadium was nearly packed. I loved the energy of the stadium. It was just as I had expected and a big part of the reason I've wanted to go to a major football game. My university's football stadium has a mere 6,000 seats, so the experience was nothing like this. S had a few flashbacks to his college days at University of Wisconsin-Madison. I love hearing stories from his college days, since I didn't arrive on the scene until much later in his life.
To our surprise, our seats had the nifty cushions, and we snuggled up under a blanket. I loved all of it. The marching bands, the fireworks, the pre-game ceremonies, the halftime show. And thanks to my show choir days, I knew the lyrics to "Rocky Top" which, as the unofficial fight song, only played a million times. "Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me..." S was surprised I was singing along!
Four turnovers worked in their favor which kept them in the lead, but ultimately, they lost. Being that it was the last home game, a win would have been nice, but at least it was a close game.
It was a fun night! I'd love to go to another game next season. And hey, a win would be great too. Ya hear that, Vols? ;) 'Til next season!
Tips:
- Be prepared to walk a mile or two to the stadium.
- Bring a blanket.
- Wear orange. :)



1 comment:
At first I thought, "how the heck does she know how many seats are in the USD stadium? Even I don't know that and I interned in the athletics realm for a year!" And then a flash of you giving a walking tour came into my head and it all made sense... :)
Post a Comment