- Vinyl records. My record player spins on the daily. I've found ten or so records at thrift and antique stores, and while most of them aren't albums I was looking for, they were well worth the $1-4 each. I so badly want Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable: With Love" album on vinyl, but I might have to resort to CD. (Someone lent it to me in 1999, and it's been a favorite ever since.)
- Emoji overload. I pulled my best friend Leah to the dark side, and we text each other with excessive amounts of emojis now. We also text about a TV show I'm too embarrassed to name, but that's our little secret.
- FaceTime with my sister. Until you've seen us in the same room together, you can't understand the full magnitude of why FaceTime is a godsend for us. Oh, the facial expressions.
- E-mails from my MIL. My Wisconsin-residing MIL likes to tease me about my low tolerance for the cold, courtesy of Southern California. I received a few e-mails from her this month with funny snow-related videos and photos, and I have to admit that it made me smile that the e-mails were sent directly to me, not her son and me. Just me.
- Starting a new job. Yup! New job. There's just no stoppin' me, people. ;) I'm still with the same company at the same assisted living community, but I started a new position last week.
- "Go chase yourself." The funniest stories at work come from the memory care section of the community. I love the elderly as it is, but the elderly with various forms of dementia say the darndest things! They have a very small filter. One of our residents is incredibly sweet... until you ask her to do something. Then, she'll have a few choice words for you, but her best line is a sardonic "Go chase yourself." It's my new favorite line. :)
- My trip to Nashville. 'Nough said.
- Snow. This city isn't built or prepared for more than a light dusting, but it sure it beautiful!
- Food tasting at work. Since my new office is next-door to the main kitchen, I get to taste test some of the veg-friendly food before it is served. I'm not complaining.
- Watching movies that most people probably wouldn't. 10 Years. Your Sister's Sister. Ruby Sparks. I've been picking through our movie channels while my husband is out of town, and I really liked some of these movies I hadn't heard of. Have you seen them? (I thought not.)
It was a good month. On to the next! Happy Monday, and happy February!

4 comments:
Oh man. I LOVED Ruby Sparks.
A new position!? Congrats ma'am! You fancy! And I cannot tell you how jealous I am of your snow. I miss you so much! :(
I love nothing more (except you) than having whole conversations in emoji.
Reese however does not... just another example of why girlfriends are the bestest.
Love youuu
i am so thankful for facetime with my sister! she just had a baby and I am SO glad I can see her often since I can't be there!
Post a Comment