![]() |
| 20 weeks - Taken on October 5, 2014 |
"It's a boy."
Approximately 90% of people were wrong!
"Are you happy?" (when we announced the pregnancy)
This caught me off guard. Of course, I am! Why wouldn't I be? This kid was totally planned. Like, really planned -- as in we tried all of one time. Our sweet One Shot Wonder.
"Whoa. They really are getting big."
I warned my husband, but it wasn't warning enough! I've always appreciated my 32B-sized breasts, but they've been fed the pregnancy breath of life, and it's starting to get ridiculous. The wire-free bras I've worn for four years might as well be double-padded Wonder Bras. Also, I think cleavage is overrated.
"Do you want a boy or a girl?"
My response: A healthy human, because it would be really weird if it was a cat or a pineapple. And really painful.
"You're 20 weeks? How are you that tiny? You're all belly. I was twice as big when I was 20 weeks. I want to slap you, but I'm not going to."
Thanks. Good chat.
"Look at that pooch! You're getting so big!"
This proves that, like beauty, big and small are subjective/relative terms. Also, I'm not personally offended, but does anyone else find it odd/rude that pregnant women seem to be fair game with regards to commenting on body size?
"She has long legs! It could just be a growth spurt, but her legs are measuring one week ahead of schedule... which she must get from Daddy."
You're telling me, lady! Those gams are definitely not from me!


10 comments:
Nothing but LOOOOVEEEEE. Also this made me giggle because I can hear you say all of these things and that makes my heart happy!!
xo
GAWD, don't you just hate the unsolicited questions?! My LEAST favorite question is "are you happy?" No, you dumb-***, I am pissed off and I hate my life. Hahahaha. But for serious, you are the cutest.
"Thanks. Good chat."
I LOVE YOU hahahaha
This whole post just made me so giddy. I totally want to see you while pregnant!!! Are you guys planning to travel for Thanksgiving? Maybe we can swing a meetup?
I, for the record, was not wrong :)
Such happy news!!! Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy! I bet you cannot wait to meet your little girl!!:)
You are looking fabulous.
And yes. There is soooo much unsolicited nonsense when one is pregnant!!!!
I can't wait to hold that bundle of joy!
Good point about the body size comments! What makes people think it's ok just because you're pregnant? The boobs thing made me laugh.
Post a Comment