We won't know her official weight until next Monday, but I'm going to guess that she is 14 lbs. She has gained 2.5 lbs. at each of her last two appointments! (Updated 6/1: She is 13 lbs., 2.5 oz.)
HEIGHT
I'm going to guess 25 inches long. (Updated 6/1: She is 24 inches long.)
LATELY
- It seems like she skipped an entire size of clothing. Just a few weeks ago, I busted out her 3 and 3-6 month clothes. They didn't last long! I tried to fit her into three different outfits, and they were too small already! She has a few 3-6 month onesies that are still doing the trick, but as of two days ago, her 6 month clothes are in rotation.
- Press has become quite talkative in the last five weeks or so. She mimicks sounds, hums with different inflections, and has developed a very specific babble and facial expression that we now identify as "I'm going to start crying in 3-5 minutes if you don't pick me up." I appreciate the advance notice. ;)
- All she wants to do these days in stand up. She can't crawl, but by golly, let the girl stand! Every time I want her to sit on my lap or sit in the bath tub, she straightens her legs.
- Her hair sprout is growing longer, but like her, it's still standing!
- She is becoming so self-aware. She stares at her feet when she kicks, and she intently watches her hands when she sits in her bouncy chair or lays in her crib. I loooove watching her twiddle her fingers and hearing her babble to herself! She does it most mornings until I peek over the edge of the bed and say "good morning" to her.
- She is smitten with her dad! He can get a smile out of her so quickly. When I rock her at night, she'll stare at him as her eyelids get heavy. One night we were all on the couch together, and I said, "Is Dada your pal? Is Dada your best friend?" He smiled at her, and she gave the biggest grin. It is so magical seeing them together. (Yes, I said magical. Motherhood makes one extremely mushy.)
- She is up one or two times at night but usually back to sleep within 20 minutes. I count my lucky stars, because I know many moms who lose/lost a lot more sleep than that!
- She sucks on her fingers a lot, and we're wondering if teething will soon be upon us. God bless our souls.
She is a happy, fairly easy-going little lady so far. We can't get enough of her -- her eyes, her sounds, her sprout, her toes, her belly. When we talk about everything we love about her, my husband simply says, "We win." I agree!
Past updates:
1 Month Old
2 Months Old




5 comments:
What a sweet little gal! Winning for sure :-)
No way! I refuse to believe that she is 3 months old already! Are you sure you didn't miscount? ;-)
She is such a cutie-pa-tootie!
She's growing up too fast! She is sooo pretty--I don't know how you ever stop staring at her long enough to get anything done! haha
I find myself reading so much of this going "Uh huh, yup yup, yes Faye loves that too!" Haha! Presley has such a sweet disposition, you can really see that in her face. I love that our little girls are so close in age. I feel like they are getting more and more fun with each passing day.
Ahhh, I love her sweet and precious little face! So stinking cute! Love those smiles!
Post a Comment