And then I laugh, because I know me. I know that I assign sentimental value to everything that comes into my possession which makes shedding myself of things so difficult. Compared to my husband, I have a lot of stuff. With where life has taken him and how many times he has moved, he has become quite skilled minimizing his personal belongings.
It's a process, but I'm becoming better at being mindful of what I buy and why... I think.

It may not look like much, but life got lighter on Sunday when I donated this stuff to Goodwill.
16 tops
9 pairs of shorts/pants
6 dresses
2 pairs of jeans
3 bags
6 pairs of shoes
16 pieces of jewelry
1 jacket
3 belts
A box filled with hair accessories
Seasonal home decor
Miscellaneous odds and ends
On one hand, this was a lesson in materialism. On the other, I supported my community by helping to create jobs at Goodwill. I'll let you take a wild guess at which explanation helps me sleep at night.
To confirm, we did not donate Boone to Goodwill.
Are you a regular Goodwill donor? Or thrifter?
"Thrift Shop," anyone? ;)

15 comments:
Thank you for confirming. I don't know what Goodwill does with cats, but I can only imagine it's not cuddling.
A. I highly enjoy your Thriftshop reference at the end.
B. I am in DESPERATE need of some life purging to goodwill! I have always loved donating with them!
My family might keep the local Goodwill in business. My entire family cleans out unwanted stuff from their homes at least twice a year and drops things off at Goodwill. I've also started bringing some stuff to Plato's Closet. They don't pay you a ton, but I feel like it's found money. I've been trying to buy less and thrift more, but sometimes I get overwhelmed by the thrift stores...haha.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
March Group Giveaway!
There is no greater feeling than to purge your house during springtime. I am in the process as well. I can understand your husband's minimalistic ways as we have moved a lot too!
I definitely try to go through my clothes regularly and donate what I haven't been wearing. Thanks for the reminder on this! I think it's time again-- my fiance was putting shirts in my t-shirt/tank top drawer the other day and exclaimed, "There are too many clothes! I can't even close this drawer!" Probably a good sign that I need to reevaluate! :)
Way to go! I just recently did something similar, it's hard to decide what to get rid of but I try to make myself get rid of things if I haven't worn them in over a year. I usually just take them to the clothing dumpsters that I see every once in a while...
i am IMPRESSED! i really need to do this - I'm running out of closet hangers, that should be a sign.
good for you - that IS impressive! I go on Goodwill binges too and it does feel good... until you realize you need to do it again :)
... and in with the new? ;)
Seriously, every time I hear "Thrift Shop" I think of you.
I have a few bags I need to take to Goodwill actually! Thanks for the reminder :)
I love STUFF and have way too much of it. I seriously need to purge and then learn to buy intentionally but it's such a hard lesson for me.
It feels SO good to get rid of stuff, doesn't it? I have a couple bags of things waiting to be donated, but I also have a bag or two of things waiting to be sold, if I can ever find the time to try to wrastle with eBay again...
I love the feeling after I've purged my closet. I always have aspirations for selling the stuff that's still in great shape but most of the time it never happens. ;)
xoxo,
Jules of Canines & Couture
www.caninesandcouture.com
I have a huge pile of bags full of clothes and stuff that needs to be donated. And I need to make another pass through my closet! It's so bad. I don't have much compared to most girls, but it feels like too much to me. I'm all about simplifying lately. And I love donating to Goodwill!
Yes! I love donating my stuff. Me and my man purge a few things every month and I try to stick to the "one thing in - one thing out" rule for my closet. I try.... Haha.
Post a Comment