PREFACE
I've officially gone vegetarian, and the last time I ate meat was October 22. With my best friend's wedding, Thanksgiving, and Christmas soon after, it seemed like the worst time to make a decision like that, but I couldn't wait. I really felt like I had to do it. So I did!
SAD (STARVING) STORY
My office space is rented from a management company. It's great, because they provide a receptionist, mailing services, kitchen with snacks (and the
uber-chic coffee maker), office furniture, and handle all maintenance/repairs. Today, the management team hosted a holiday luncheon for us... which led to my first veg dilemma. There was a gigantic spread, but I couldn't eat half of it. Most of the substantial lunch items had meat in them, so this is what I gathered for myself:
 |
I ate most of that cookie by the time I sat down. Judge me. I don't care.
Side note: What a pretty plate. |
There wasn't even a salad bowl. I guess I can't blame them. This time of year is widely accepted as the "eat 'til your pants don't fit" season, so who would want salad? Although this wasn't a potluck, lesson learned. For all future potlucks, I will need to bring a veg/vegan dish.
3 comments:
Yep. Welcome to my world. I actually didn't have too many terrible party situations as a vegetarian, but as a vegan-forget it. I always make sure to bring at least a few dishes to every potluck so I can feel like I have options. Sorry for the disappointing selection, but congrats on becoming vegetarian!
Vegan is the next step! :-) We will definitely need to share recipes.
I quit eating at potlucks when I was five and was diagnosed with high cholesterol (my mom was a health nut, I was scrawny & active, no family history, so I'm super weird). In the 80s I never knew what was laden with butter or fat- especially in GA! I spent my whole childhood eating fruit and bread at events- welcome to the (sometimes sad, sometimes considered stuck-up) club. On the bright side, it's also what jump-started my love of baking, so here's to your future as a vegetarian all-star chef!
Post a Comment