It's quite a clever animated short, and I hope you'll take two minutes and twenty seconds to watch it:
This video is awesome!
Sustainability. The environment. Health. Treatment of animals. Our future.
I get it. We live in a material world that requires money for business. None of these big companies are perfect, but I have to say that this is a major step for a food chain. Mr. TBS and I were impressed... and then hungry. And we wanted to go out to lunch yesterday anyway, so guess where we chose to spend that money?
It was a lot of food! Mr. TBS didn't even finish his plate.
But I did, and I'm not ashamed of that (even though I look slightly apologetic)!
I'm not saying you need to be a vegetarian like me or that you should eat at Chipotle or that I know everything about the food industry (although I have learned a lot through research). I just wanted to share that music video, because it made my heart smile to see a company create some positive change. What are your thoughts?
I found joy in an unexpected place! I hope your day is just as joyous!



12 comments:
Mmmm, I LOVE Chipotle. There's one several blocks from my apartment, and it calls to me at all hours. I can scarf down a burrito bowl and bag of chips like no one's business. Good to know what they stand for! I wasn't aware of all that.
I didn't get to watch the vid... I'm at work, but I LOVE YOUR AFTER FACE! It looks so full and spoiled :)
What a great video! Very clever indeed!
I've never eaten at Chipotle before, but I have heard so many good things! I actually saw the commercial when it aired, but in all honesty I was too distracted by the music to actually pay attention to the song (it's a Coldplay song sung by what seems to be Willie Nelson and I'm not sure how I feel about that!). I am a huge supporter of CSR and have been for a while (as a marketing major in college we studied this quite a bit!). This definitely makes me more apt to trying their food though!
How fun! I've been wanting to eat at Chipotle ! You are so pretty girl ! Glad I found your blog. New follower :)
xo.britt
themagnoliapair.com
I just started eating at Chipotle!
They just built one near where I live and OMGGG.
So dang good.
NO SHAME that you finished it all, girl - I do, too sometimes ;)
Did you survive Monday?!
I hope soooo :)
xo
awesome post. i loved the commercial! sweet that you guys supported sustainability with a great meal out :)
I love Chipolte! But I absolutely adore that commercial, I tear up every time I watch it! I think it's the cute animation coupled with a legend covering a song I love that gets to me.
Well it's a good thing I love Chipotle... I wanted to cry for those poor piggies!! And Willie Nelson's voice breaks my heart too.
I fell in love with this commercial!!!!!
I just found your blog from Emmy June and I'm so glad I did. I am a vegetarian, earth loving surfer from San Diego and I really like your entries about vegetarianism and veganism! This commercial was my favorite I've seen in a while. Great post!
My hubby LOVES Chipotle. Like love loves Chipotle. Me? Not so much.
I *totally* hear what you're saying about corporate responsibility and I couldn't agree more. Not only that, they have raised the awareness of many people who wouldn't normally care.
I'm just not a huge fan of the food. What do you order? I always get tricked by the sauteed onions and I think in my head that they will be sauteed veggies...so I get all excited...then I take one bite and realize they're all onions :( So I guess what I'm saying is that I long for sauteed {fajita style} veggies. And until then, I think SoCal has many other amazing Mexican options.
But I fully realize I'm in the minority on this one...so *convince* me, my veggie friend!
Post a Comment